Making the World a Better Place: Impinj 2023 Corporate Citizenship
Our annual corporate citizenship statement outlines our commitments to people and culture, environment, and governance as we endeavor to positively impact our world.
Impinj wants to make the world a better place through our products and by how we operate as an organization. We recently released our 2023 Corporate Citizenship statement on investor.impinj.com, outlining our commitments to people and culture, the environment, and governance. The annual statement shares our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, human resources policies, waste-reduction programs, code of business conduct, and more.
“Impinj’s mission is to connect every thing,” Impinj co-founder and CEO Chris Diorio said in the statement’s opening message. “We have a massive opportunity. With that opportunity comes a responsibility to build a sustainable, global company that creates a positive impact on our world. None of this is possible without the Impinj employees who bring their efforts and ideas forward while living the values, behaviors, spirit, and leadership outlined in our principles. I’m committed to listening to each voice as we build our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) roadmap for the future.”
[Want to read more content like this? Subscribe to the Impinj blog.]
In 2023, Impinj focused on measuring and strengthening the foundation of our corporate citizenship. Highlights include:
- >90% of employees said they would recommend Impinj as a great place to work in our most recent annual employee engagement survey.
- GeekWire and Puget Sound Business Journal recognized Impinj as a best workplace.
- Impinj launched employee resource groups (ERGs), including Black Employee Network, Women at Impinj, and LGBTQIA+ groups that provide members an opportunity to support one another in a safe space, educate others through cultural and community celebrations, create feedback loops for Impinj leadership, and foster advancement opportunities.
- We added annual employer-matching of up to $100 per eligible employee to Impinj Cares, our global corporate giving program that promotes and supports corporate and Impinjineer-led philanthropic activities. We also sponsored our first Impinj Cares-a-thon, which generated volunteers and donations to more than 70 causes in November 2023.
- Impinj led the RAIN Alliance Plastic Packaging Tiger Team to ensure RAIN RFID supports the plastic packaging recycling waste stream. We also participated in the RAIN Alliance’s sustainability working group.
- We introduced the Impinj M800 series, our most advanced tag chips, which deliver 25% more die per wafer than our previous generation, reducing the carbon footprint of our products.
- We completed annual Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions inventory utilizing the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, and added two additional locations, including one in China.
- Impinj reported 2022 water consumption at our U.S. facilities and committed to annual monitoring.
- We completed our first ESG materiality assessment to understand what’s most important to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Institutional Investor’s 2023-24 All-America Executive Team Survey gave Impinj three first-place rankings in our sector: Best CFO, Best IR Team, and Best IR Professional.
We are proud of the progress we made in 2023, and are committed to listening, learning, and improving as we continue on our mission to connect every thing.
- Article tagged as:
Thursday, January 11, 2024
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vice President, Strategic Communications
Jill West leads Impinj IoT technology adoption marketing initiatives across numerous markets including retail, healthcare, and supply chain and logistics.
Sign Up for the latest news