Impinj Introduces Monza™ 3 RFID Tag Chips with Industry-Leading Performance
Leading UHF Gen 2 radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions provider Impinj, Inc. today unveiled Monza™ 3 tag chips with high-performance tag read and write reliability optimized for successful enterprise-wide RFID deployments.
Seattle, WA March 27, 2008 - Leading UHF Gen 2 radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions provider Impinj, Inc. today unveiled Monza™ 3 tag chips with high-performance tag read and write reliability optimized for successful enterprise-wide RFID deployments.
Designed for both near- and far-field applications tagging everything from items to pallets, Monza 3 chips undergo rigorous testing and provide a number of RFID performance advantages over competitive products including:
- Up to 40% improvement in tag read sensitivity
- significantly expands tag placement options
- Greater than 2X improvement in tag write sensitivity
- enables new item-level applications such as high-speed mass serialization and real-time field commissioning
- allows encoding, aggregation and association of items to cases, or cases to pallets, in a single, reliable step
- Industry-leading interference rejection
- improves read reliability in dense RF environments where fluorescent lighting, cordless phones, mobile radios, etc. interfere with tag operation
- provides increased reader channel selection flexibility in regions with limited frequency bands available for RFID operation
Unique dual antenna input configuration
- establishes redundant opportunities for contact between chip and inlay
- further increases tag readabilitty
- allows greater flexibility in tag orientation and position
“We are very pleased to be able to offer our next generation of Rafsec UHF tags and inlays based on Impinj’s Monza 3 tag chips,” said Christer Härkönen, senior vice president RFID at UPM Raflatac. “We have had great customer success with Monza-based products in the past and look forward to continuing to deliver the highest quality and performance products using Impinj’s superior RFID silicon technology.”
“We have once again raised the bar when it comes to RFID tag chip functionality, quality and performance,” said William Colleran, president and CEO of Impinj. “Monza 3 tag chips solve many RFID deployment issues while enabling new and exciting RFID applications.”
First introduced in April 2005, Impinj’s family of Monza tag chips are successfully deployed in the pharmaceutical, apparel, food safety and general retail supply chain sectors. Monza tag chips are compliant with EPCglobal’s UHF Gen 2 RFID specifications for conformance and interoperability and operate globally in the 840-960 MHz band.
Monza 3 tag chips are sampling to leading RFID tag and inlay manufacturers and will be available in production quantities starting in May 2008.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Impinj (NASDAQ: PI) helps businesses and people analyze, optimize, and innovate by wirelessly connecting billions of everyday things—such as apparel, automobile parts, luggage, and shipments—to the Internet. The Impinj platform uses RAIN RFID to deliver timely data about these everyday things to business and consumer applications, enabling a boundless Internet of Things. www.impinj.com
Vice President, Strategic Communications
Phone: +1 206-834-1110
Impinj News Room
Find Impinj press releases and media resources.Go to Impinj news room
Impinj Investor Relations
Find investor information. Impinj is publicly traded (NASDAQ: PI).Go to investor website
Find the latest news about Impinj, our partners, RAIN RFID, and IoT.Go to Impinj blog