Impinj’s AEON®/MTP Multiple-time Programmable Nonvolatile Memory Licensed by Avago TechnologieS
Multi-time Programmable NVM in TSMC’s 0.25 Micron/5V CMOS Process Gives Leading Analog Chip Provider Low Power, High Performance Embedded Memory Option
April 6, 2008 - Seattle, WA
Leading logic nonvolatile memory (NVM) intellectual property (IP) supplier Impinj, Inc. today announced that the company’s AEON® NVM cores have been licensed by Avago Technologies – the former semiconductor division of Hewlett-Packard and a leading supplier of analog interface and sensor components.
Silicon-proven at the world’s leading semiconductor foundries, Impinj’s AEON/MTP NVM cores deliver significant design and cost advantages to analog and system chip designers including:
• Reliability— production proven in more than 800 million units shipped, AEON memory cores have been proven in some of the world's highest volume applications
• Flexibility—more than 200 different AEON configurations and bit counts are available to meet a wide variety of application and design requirements
• Scalability—AEON memory products scale to smaller feature sizes, and Impinj continually adds offerings as new process nodes become available
• Ease of integration—all AEON memory products are compatible with standard logic or mixed-mode CMOS processes, need no additional masks or processing steps, and can be found in the world's leading foundries
• Testability—true MTP enables thorough production testing
“We are very pleased that Impinj’s AEON/MTP cores have been chosen to help meet the growing demand for Avago Technologies’ products." said Larry Morrell, vice president and general manager of IP Products at Impinj. “AEON/MTP’s cost, power, size and testability advantages provide a significant improvement to older, one-time programmable NVM.”
Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ: PI) wirelessly connects billions of everyday items such as apparel, medical supplies, automobile parts, luggage and food to consumer and business applications such as inventory management, patient safety, asset tracking and item authentication. The Impinj platform uses RAIN RFID to deliver timely information about these items to the digital world, thereby enabling the Internet of Things.
Sr. Director Global Marketing & Communications
Phone: +1 206-834-1110