Monza® X UHF RFID Chips
Impinj’s Monza® X-2K Dura and Monza® X-8K Dura UHF RFID chips enable users to communicate wirelessly with the processor inside electronic devices using standard UHF Gen 2 RFID readers, unlocking many new benefits for consumer electronics manufacturers, retailers and end users. Embedded directly into the circuit board of an electronic device, Monza X chips link to the device’s processor through a standard I2C bus, enabling the processor or a UHF reader to read and write the Monza X chip memory even when the electronic device is powered off. By enabling electronic devices to communicate with RFID readers, Monza X chips deliver a wide range of extended capabilities such as theft deterrence in the supply chain and wireless device configuration at point of sale and beyond.
Jump to a quick overview of specifications and features.
Monza X chip features include:
- 2 kbits or 8 kbits user memory accessible through both RF to reader devices and I2C interface to microprocessors
- Impinj’s QT® technology and one time programmable memory blocks for privacy and security of sensitive information stored in the chip
- Superior passive read/write sensitivity and the ability to boost sensitivity by supplying DC power
- Two fully independent antenna ports, enabling multiple configurations for far field and near field RFID applications
- Ability to wake up the microprocessor from low power states in response to RF write event, enabling power efficient electronic devices