Introducing the Indy RS500 RFID Reader SiP Solution
The Indy RS500 RFID reader SiP (system in package) is a completely integrated reader solution in a small surface mount package that enables fast time-to-market with low development risk. Building on the market-leading Indy reader chip technology, the Indy RS500 SiP only needs three connections (DC power, UART communication and an antenna) to start reading tags. Unlike RFID embedded reader chip solutions that require greater investment due to complexity in RF design, manufacturing and certification, the Indy RS500 has no external components, is fully tested and meets regulatory requirements. The Indy RS500 is a surface mount package designed to work as a SMT (surface mount technology) component in a standard PCB manufacturing process, which eliminates costly mechanical hardware and RF cables that are typically required with reader modules on the market today.
Ideal for moderate read range of small tag populations, the Indy RS500 SiP’s small form factor enables a diverse range of applications that need a low-cost embedded UHF Gen 2 RFID reader, such as consumables authentication, access control, process control, appliances, medical equipment, printers, and low-cost handheld readers.
The Indy RS500 is now in production.
Indy RS500 Features
- 23dBm maximum output power
- Rx sensitivity -65dBm
- Fail safe boot loader adds reliability during field updates
- Firmware upgradeable to G2 (Gen 2 V2)
- Dense reader mode support
- Fully tested with worldwide compliance
- Small 30mm x 32mm surface mount package
- Shielded package to prevent unwanted radiation and immunity to noise
- Easy system integration with new Impinj Radio Interface (IRI), an asynchronous message-based interface. IRI Tool Kit source code available
- Support for Monza® tag chip advanced features